This is a CACHE accredited course which is eligible for funding through the Workforce Development Fund.
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification provides the knowledge and understanding of:
- different types of medication and their use
- the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication
- legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability
- the record keeping process for medication.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners wishing to develop their understanding of the safe handling of medication. This may include learners who wish to access this training with a view to progressing to further qualifications, or learners who wish to study this programme in order to complement other studies.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be 16+ years old.
What are the start dates?
This course can be started at any point of the year and sessions will be arranged with the learner. If you are making a group booking, sessions to suit the learners can be arranged at their place of work.
How many credits are required to complete it?
Learners must achieve 15 credits from the four mandatory units.
How is it assessed?
It is assessed internally.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
This is a knowledge only qualification (no working, volunteering or practical placement required).
How long does it take to complete?
Learners can usually complete it in 6 months or less.
What qualifications can you progress to?
- Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Clinical Healthcare Support
- Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Adult Social Care
- Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeships in Clinical Healthcare Support
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications here.
What is the cost of this qualification?
This qualification costs £300. If you are an adult social care agency you may be able to claim back the full cost of this course through the Workforce Development Fund.
How do I book this course?
You can book this course online on this page, for group bookings or more information you can call us on 03330143519.